Friday, October 13, 2017

Just Saying Hello | Card

Hello everyone!
I know I'm on a blogging spree these days :D I have made a couple of cards specially for the WCMD challenges over at Winnie and Walter and so blogging about each, one by one. This is my second post for the day. Incase you missed my first post, you can check it out HERE.

For my card today, I used the CrafTreat Butterflies stencil. These butterflies are gorgeous when layered!

This one is very bright and colourful and to create this, I first embossed the insides of the butterflies using Versamark embossing ink and Super Fine White embossing powder by Ranger and heat-set it. Then I placed the outline of the butterfly and traced it using a stencil. I watercoloured the butterflies using two complimentary shades of Distress inks. I then fussy-cut them out and popped them over foam dots.

The colourful background was created by ink smooshing different colours of Distress inks on a piece of acetate, spraying water over the inks and then smooshing it on a watercolour card panel. I die-cut a rectangular frame and ink blended it using the same colours. The frame and the butterflies are adhered using foam tape.

I added strips of Black Washi Tape on the two sides and lots of Nuvo Drops. Then placed my sentiment strip which is also heat-embossed and my card was done!


I'm entering my card in the following challenges :


I hope you liked my cards which I shared today. If you have queries regarding any of the techniques or the products used, please let me know in the comments below, I will get back to you.

Thank you so much for dropping by! Have a nice day everyone.

3 comments:

  1. So stunning!! The butterflies are gorgeous!! I love the colors!! Have a great weekend!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty, these lovely butterflies are so pretty framed like that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thankyou for entering the Lovely Layers challenge with Winnie & Walter! Beautiful! That watercolouring plus the clever framing gives a perfect finish to those butterflies. Clever you! x

    ReplyDelete