Thursday, February 16, 2017

Colored Dahlia Congrats | Card

Hello crafty friends!
I am back from my holiday and am feeling all refreshed with my mojo slowly coming back. I have a card to share today which incorporates lots of stamping, colouring and masking. I have also been practicing a lot with my Zig Clean Color pens recently. Here's a look at my card :




If you are interested in seeing how I made the lime yellow striped background, then check out my tutorial on the Pretty Paper Studio blog where I share the technique.

I have combined lots of different techniques to make this card. To start with, I created my card panel using my Zigs. Then for the focal of my card I stamped the flowers from the Altenew Dahlia Blossoms set using Versafine Onyx Black ink. I then fussy-cut all the leaves, filler flowers and the main dahlia. I colored all my images using the Zig Brush pens. I used a waterbrush for blending in the colours. I then popped them all on foam dots for dimension. I also die-cut an oval frame using the Spellbinders Elegant Ovals die and colored it using Inka Gold. The sentiment comes from the Altenew Sentiment & Quotes set. I heat-embossed it in gold on some light pink cardstock. For the finishing touches, I stamped the black stripes on the side of my card and added few Nuvo Crystal drops in different colours. And my card was done :)

I hope you like my card. I would love to know what you think!

Linking this to the Altenew February Challenge. I have used the colours from the inspiration picture :) I am also entering this in the Simon Says Stamp - Fantastic Florals challenge and Happy Little Stampers - Watercolor  + Anything Goes plus Optional twist of Dies.


Have a nice day everyone!

10 comments:

  1. this is fabulous Hussena... love the colouring. i have a card so similar in sketch but different colours. will be posting it soon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful card, Hussena! Perfectly aligned stripes and die cut with a most beautiful flower..And I love that frame in the back ground too! Exquisite!
    xx Ashwini

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow, Hussena, it's absolutely stunning!! Your coloring is perfect!! All of the details are fabulous!! Love, love this!! It's so gorgeous!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my, Hussena, this is lovely - the stripes and gorgeous lacey oval are beautiful with your florals! Thanks for playing along with us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautifully watercoloured! LOVE the colours. Your working those Zigs like an expert! Thanks so much for playing along at Happy Little Stampers xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely gorgeous!! You really captured the colours for the Altenew challenge and your water colouring is stunning. So very happy to see you at Happy Little Stampers!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is just beautiful, your coloring is just wonderful, love the oval framing, love the dots, pretty touches!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a beautiful creation Hussena...I was keenly following your post about your trip as we too are planning to go to Thailand !! Love your technique filled card...so much of hard work and the end result is such a beauty
    Cheers
    Dr Sonia

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous card!! Love the flowers and love how you created your card!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is gorgeous! Such a fantastic design and mix of blooms and stripes! Thanks so much for joining in the Altenew challenge!

    ReplyDelete