Thursday, November 13, 2014

Welcome Baby !!

Hi friends,
So, I am back again to share my inspiration for this fortnight's challenge at Lulupu- Kids play.  I have gone with a new born baby card and kept my sentiment general so that this card would work both for a baby girl or a baby boy.

I have created a layered, embossed card on a kraft color base and used some pretty gold glitter tape to add that bit of shine to my project. The leaves are cut from that glitter tape. What I did was, I adhered the tape on a plain white cardstock and then ran it through my Big Shot with the leaf die. Worked like magic :D

A close-up of the flower clicked in natural daylight. Looks gorgeous in real life!

I have dry embossed the side panel of the card on the right side and sponged in white pigment ink over it to highlight the embossed design and on the left side, I have stuck a DCWV dotted pattern paper and die-cut the flower using watercolor paper and colored it with Peacock Feathers Distress ink by heavily spraying it with water. Even the side die-cut lace has been colored using Peacock Feathers Distress ink and I've created an ombre effect on the lace.
The baby pram is stamped, die-cut and the sentiment has been heat-embossed using Ranger Super Fine Gold embossing powder.

I'm entering this card in Virgina's View Challenge #9- Metallic. I have used gold embossing powder and glitter tape. Hope this qualifies!

Also, my card has been inspired by this time's Fusion challenge graphic picture. Love the ombre color.

Supplies used :
Kraft cardstock- Darice Core'dinations Collection.
Pattern paper- DCWV  Fresh Florals paper stack.
Embossing folder- Cuttlebug Textile folder.
Dies- PTI Filigree Border die, PTI Bloom Builder #3 die, Spellbinders Make a rose die (for the leaves), Spellbinders Shapeabilities Die D-Lites Frame 2.
Stamps- PTI Polka Dot Parade #4 stamp and die set.
Inks- Versafine Onyx Black, Colorbox Frost white pigment ink pad, Hero Arts Shadow ink- Tide pool, 
Distress inks- Peacock Feathers and Vintage Photo.
Versamark Dazzle embossing ink pad, Ranger Super Fine Gold embossing powder, Gold glitter tape.

Hope you like my card. Please do leave your comments regarding it. I love to hear from you :)

12 comments:

  1. The colors are so pretty Hussena. I love the contrasting embossed panel and the over all look is wow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the flower...I have a special liking for daisies
    Cheers
    Dr Sonia
    Cards Crafts Kids Projects

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a gorgeous card!! The embossing is fabulous!! I love the design and the pretty flower!! This is so beautiful!! Have a great day :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning card Hussena, love the whole design, so so pretty and cute.
    Julie x

    ReplyDelete
  5. What perfect colors for a sweet little baby card ... so glad you joined us at Fusion Card Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely card.Beautiful colour.Love the gold accent with the acqua and craft.The flowers is pretty too.I love what you did with the leaves too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome baby card Hussena..love the gold leaves and the flower.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Everything on this card is so beautiful ,specially the embossed kraft CS and layering !The bloom looks so fresh !

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lots of beautiful details here... gorgeous flower, pretty lacy trim... inky die cuts. . I'm in heaven!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love all the texture and layers on your card. Thanks for playing along with our challenge at Fusion :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOVE all the detail and embossing!!!!! COOL card!! Thanks so much for joining us at FUSION! Love it when you do!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sweet card! Fab layers and design

    ReplyDelete