Saturday, August 3, 2013

A Mixed Media Tag !!

Heya friends:)
So am back again sharing with you all a tag I have made for the inspiration at the Crafter's Corner blog where our current challenge is everyone's favorite theme : "Anything Goes"...So I decided to make a tag this time and its a mixed media style which is quite new to me...  I have done a lot of distressing ,spritzing with the  Lindy stamp gang spays and stamping too ..This is a tag which is layered with different techniques rather than actual layers ..So here's look at what I have created :
And here's a close up of the flowers which I have colored  using the Lindy stamp gang spray ..These sprays have vibrant colors and a very nice shimmer to it ..I have really enjoyed working with it a lot :          
   
   A little bit about how I have made this tag ..Firstly I distressed the entire tag with the vintage photo distress ink then I have sprayed the Lindy Hottie Patottie spray on the background...  Then I used The Crafter's workshop stencil to create the hexagon background  with  my vintage photo distress inks then I did the stamping of the dress form and the leaf flourish finally finishing off with a punched lace and the floral arrangement .  
I hope you all like my tag..Please do leave me your comments /suggestion's...Would love to hear from you :)
PS : Flowers and Leaves are from a prize package which I won at Archana 's  Craftycity.com  site ..She has a large collection of paper flowers and various craft supplies at very reasonable rates  ..Do check out her site :)

Supplies Used :
Base CS : Fabriano Elle Erre.
Punch : MS lace doily punch .
DieMagnolia Do hickey Die Leaf and swirl.
Flowers and Leaves are from a prize package which I won at Archana 's Craftycity.com  site ..She has a large collection of paper flowers and various craft supplies at very reasonable rates  ..Do check out her site :)
Stencil : The Crafter's Workshop Hexagons.
Stamp : Prima Marketing.
Inks : Distress inks : Vintage photo,Scattered straw,Versafine Onyx Black,Lindy stamp gang mists-Hottie Patottie.
Seam binding ribbon,Rhinestones,Small flower's and filler's from stash.
Charm -Crafter's Corner.

Challenges entered :
For the love of crafting -Make a tag.
Sarah Hurley Challenge blog -Texture and Dimension
Creative Moments : Anything but a card
Dragons Dream : Tag it on : Use Stencil/mask,paint and Ribbon.
Stampotique Designer's Challenge : Tag youre it !!
The stamping chef : No cards allowed .

That's It from me ..Have a nice day everyone :)

24 comments:

  1. beautiful tag and wonderful picture as always.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a fab layering of techniques HUssena !I loved the stamping , distressing with stencil and lovely floral cluster !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely lovely tag.Wonderul treatment in the background and pretty colours.Thos flowers are so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Like always, its a very beautiful tag Hussena.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous work! Love the stamping and all the details in your tag:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely tag, you are a master when it comes to making flowers and arranging them :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Meine Güte, Hussena, das ist ein wunderschönes Tag.
    Ich bin ganz begeistert von Stil, Farbe und dem herrlichen Hintergrund.
    CHAPEAU!

    Liebe Grüße von Sophie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such an amazing tag, wonderful details and elements. Thanks for dreaming with us at Dragons Dream TIO.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's a beautiful tag. Thanks for linking it to our challenge at Stampotique.

    ReplyDelete
  10. your project is stunning thank you for entering TSC challenge ...good luck xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful as always ...I love the colors and the way you use flowers...am still learning

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ahh wow !!!!! That is just so amazing !

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous tag, Full of wonderful detail... Love all the elements & great colours... Thank you for dreaming with us at Dragons Dream... Hugs May x x x x

    ReplyDelete
  14. his is beautiful sweetie, great colours.
    Thank you for joining in the Stamping Chef challenge, good luck x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Glad you are having fun with mixed media! This looks fabulous Hussena!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovely, lovely colours and textures! Those flowers are just gorgeous! I adore everything about this tag! Julie Ann x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gorgeous tag!! Really love all the layers and details you added!
    I mailed your package out 2 days ago!
    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hussena, your tag is gorgeous. I love the background. Mixed media is so much fun and I tried it with a few challenges on Splitcoaststampers a while back. Need to have a go at it again.

    ReplyDelete
  19. This tag is gorgeous. I loved every details of it. And thank you for the kinds words you left in my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  20. beautiful! Thanks for playing along at TSC with our anything goes challenge! Good luck and hope to see you again soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is gorgeous!Thanks for sharing it at Sarah Hurley's.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Beautiful! Thanks so much for participating in our STAMPING CHEF challenge!! Hope to see you again for our next challenge!!
    ~DEANNE~
    A Little Bit O' Paper

    ReplyDelete